"Providing an environment of excellence and opportunity for all students to achieve
The School District of Jefferson, in partnership with our community, provides an
environment of excellence and opportunity for all students to achieve their dreams.
District Website: http://www.jefferson.k12.wi.us/pages/School_District_of_Jefferson
- The School District of Jefferson encompasses an area of 94 square miles, including the City of Jefferson and the townships of Aztalan, Farmington, Hebron, Oakland, Concord, Sullivan, and the Village of Sullivan.
- The district is comprised of five schools, including three elementary schools (PreK-5), one middle school (6-8) and one high school (9-12).
- The district serves an enrollment of 1,700+
- Students with disabilities and/or exceptional needs are provided with a full continuum of special education and related services by special education teachers, psychologists and a district social worker. Students with exceptional talents have their needs addressed through the district’s Challenge Program.
- All new teachers are teamed with a mentor teacher who provides information, support, and guidance throughout the educator’s first years in the district.
- The district has adopted the Common Core State Standards and a focus toward Career and College Readiness Skills. Further, the district is committed to the development of challenging and engaging standards-based curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Systematic staff development activities provide staff with a variety of opportunities for dialogue with colleagues, K-12 curriculum alignment, technology training, strategic planning and professional growth.